Monday, July 14, 2008

The Disappearing Nine Patch

Well, here goes my first blog entry!

I'm a novice quilter making my first "Disappearing Nine Patch" project, and I'd like to document how it's going. My thanks to the directions posted by Quilts & ATCs.


My good friend, Lisa, gave me a "jelly roll"for my birthday recently, so the first step, cutting long 2 1/2" strips, was already done for me. I then sewed together these strips into twelve 3-color strips: eight were dark-light-darks, and four were light-dark-lights.




After this I cut my three-color strips into 2 1/2" sections. It doesn't look like much, but there are a lot of little strips here!











Next, I sewed these strips of three into 9-patches. Each patch required a light-dark-light down the middle.














I then cut each 9-patch vertically and horizontally.......
.......and rearranged them to form some funky looking squares.

I'll be needing 63 of these finished squares to create a 7 x 9 square quilt. Tonight I'll head to Lisa's house to work on this some more (she and her sister are each creating similar quilts). I hope to have more pictures soon.
Phew - that first blog entry was rather fun to create!














































No comments: