Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quick Rag Quilt


I'm putting Bluesy on hold for a few days while my brother-in-law, Jim, is up from the States for a visit, and instead I'm going to make him an extra-long rag quilt like I did for Matt recently.

My first step is to cut a whole bunch of 12 x 12 flannel squares. The quilt will be be 5 x 9 squares, and each square will be three flannel layers thick: navy on the bottom, burgandy in the middle, and the "pattern" color on top.

I'm not sure why this picture of the cut squares isn't rotating for me, but oh well.....you can get the idea......




Next I sew diagonally across each set of three. This goes rather quickly!







Here are a few squares already completed, and the pattern is starting to take shape.


We'll see if I can get this done on time!

No comments: